- Cognitive Aspects of Software Engineering and Human Computer Interaction Concepts
- Behavioral and Computational Studies using Eye Tracking and fMRI technologies
- Evaluation of Cognitive Modeling Practices and Tools
- Computational Modeling of Cognition using Cognitive Architectures
- Corpus Design
- Discourse and Analogy related studies in Computational Linguistics and Cognitive Science
Thesis Supervised (Completed)
- Stepanov, Evgueni A. Implementing Cognitive Grammar on a Cognitive Architecture: A Case Study. 2004 (Principal Supervisor)
- Özyörük, Nilüfer. A Computational Model of Memory Processes in the Expectation-Violation Effect. 2004 (Principal Supervisor)
- Gürgen, Erkan. Integrating Landmarks Into a Computational Model of Early Cognitive Mapping. 2002 (Principal Supervisor)
- Yilmaz Bican, Filiz. A Computational Analysis of Information Structure in Turkish. 2001 (Co-supervisor)
- Alkan, Sarper. Cognitive Basis of the Concept of Conscious Self. 2005. (Co-supervisor)
- Biyikoglu, Kaan. A Markov Model for Chorale Harmonization in the Style of J. S. Bach. 2002 (Co-supervisor)
- Erus, Güray. 2LRL: A Two-level, Multi-Agent Reinforcement Learning Algorithm with Communication. 2002 (Co-supervisor)
- Mersin, Serhan. A Hypercomputational Approach to the Agent Causation Theory of Free Will. 2006 (Co-supervisor)
- Özagaç, Oya. A Minimalistic Approach to Russian-English-Turkish Multilingualism. 2002 (Co-supervisor)
- Keskin, Cem. Vp Shells And Argument Structure In Turkish. 2002 (Co-supervisor)
Oflazer, Kemal, Özlem Çetinoğlu, Orhan
Bilgin and Bilge Say. A Preprocessor for Turkish Text Analysis. Lecture Notes in Computer Science Vol.
3280, Springer-Verlag. Proceedings of 19th International Symposium
on Computer and Information Sciences (ISCIS 04), October 2004,
Oflazer, Kemal, Özlem Çetinoğlu and Bilge
Say. Integrating Morphology with Multiword Expression Processing in Turkish. Proceedings of Multiword Expressions: Integrating
Processing Workshop in ACL 2004. July 2004,
Özge, Umut and Bilge Say. Development of a Corpus
Workbench for the METU Turkish
Corpus, 4th Language Resources and Evaluation Conference,
Atalay, Nart Bedin, Kemal Oflazer and Bilge Say.
The Annotation Process in
the Turkish Treebank. Proceedings of 11th Conference of the EACL-4th
Linguistically Interpreted Corpora
Oflazer Kemal, Bilge Say and Dilek
Hakkani-Tür, G. Tür. Design for a Turkish
Treebank. In A. Abeille (ed). Building and Exploiting Parsed Corpora. Kluwer
Academic Publishers, September 2003.
Say, Bilge. Lisansüstü Egitimde bir Gereksinim
Mühendisligi Dersi Uygulamasi
I.Ulusal Yazilim Mühendisligi Sempozyumu Bildiriler Kitabı, s. 158-161,
Say, Bilge, Deniz Zeyrek, Kemal Oflazer and Umut
Özge. Development of a Corpus
and a Treebank for Present-day Written Turkish. In Current Research in Turkish Linguistics. Kamile İmer and Gürkan Doğan (eds), pp. 183-192, Proceedings of 11th International Conference on Turkish Linguistics. Eastern
Umut Özge and Kemal Oflazer. Bilgisayar Ortaminda bir Derlem
Gelistirme Çalismasi, Akademik Bilisim Konferansi,
· Oflazer, Kemal, Dilek Hakkani-Tür and Bilge Say. "A Syntactic Annotation Scheme for Turkish". 10th International Conference on Turkish Linguistics, 2000.
· Say, Bilge. "Modeling Cue Phrases in Turkish: A Case Study", in Lectures Notes in AI, No: 1692, Matousek et al (eds), pp. 337-340, Springer Verlag, 1999.
· Say, Bilge and Varol Akman. "Current Approaches to Punctuation in Computational Linguistics", in Computers and the Humanities , 30(6): 457-469, 1997.
· Say, Bilge. "An Information-based Approach to Punctuation", PhD Thesis, Dept. of Engineering and Information Sciences, Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey, November 1998.
· Bayraktar, Murat, Varol Akman and Bilge Say. "An Analysis of English Punctuation: The Special Case of Comma". , in International Journal of Corpus Linguistics , 3(1): 33-58, 1998.
· Say, Bilge. "An Information-Based Approach to Punctuation", in Proceedings of Fourteenth National Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI '97) , p.818, Providence, Rhode Island, 1997.
Say, Bilge and Varol Akman. "Information-Based
Aspects of Punctuation", in Proceedings of SIGPARSE 96: A Workshop on
Punctuation in Computational Linguistics, pp. 49-56,